Last Updated: September 8, 2022
WHAT WE COLLECT
We collect information about you in the following ways.
Information You Give Us
We collect your contact details such as name, postal address, email address, phone number, username, and password. We also collect billing information as well as other information you directly give us on our Site.
Information We Get From Others
We may get information about you from other sources, such as customer relationship management services. We may add this to information we get from this Site.
Information Automatically Collected
We automatically collect information about you and your computer. For example, when visiting our Site, we log information such as your computer operating system type, browser type, browser language, the website you visited before browsing to our Site, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times, and information about your use of and actions on our Site.
We may collect information using “cookies.” Cookies are small data files that can be stored on your hard drive by a website. We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Site. This type of information is collected to make the Site more useful to you and to tailor the experience with us to meet your special interests and needs. With many web browsers, you can choose to change your settings to disable or decline cookies. Please be aware, however, that cookies may be required to complete certain functions on the Site.
Other Online Communications
Do Not Track
Some browsers have incorporated “Do Not Track” features. Most of these features, when turned on, send a signal or preference to the website or online service that a user visits, indicating that the user does not wish to be tracked. Because there is not yet a common understanding of how to interpret Do Not Track signals, we do not currently respond to those signals. For more information regarding Do Not Track mechanisms, see http://allaboutdnt.com/.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your personal information as follows:
• We use your personal information to provide the products and services you request.
• We use your personal information to respond to comments and questions and provide customer service.
• We use your personal information to operate, maintain, and improve our Site, products, and services.
• We use your personal information to send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
• We use your personal information to communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners.
• We use your personal information to link or combine user information with other personal information.
• We use your personal information to protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share personal information with others as follows:
• We may share information with those who need it to do work for us, for example third party service providers who provide data processing services to us, marketing agencies, advertising partners, website hosts, or third parties who otherwise process personal information for purposes such as credit card processing, customer service, and fraud prevention.
• We may share personal information when we do a business deal or negotiate a business deal. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
• We may share personal information for legal, protection, and safety purposes.
• We may share information to comply with laws.
• We may share information to respond to lawful requests and legal processes.
• We may share information in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
We may also share aggregated and/or anonymized data with others for their own uses.
INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
Our marketing emails tell you how to opt-out or unsubscribe. If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you.
PROTECTING YOUR INFORMATION
We take information security seriously and use physical, technical, and administrative methods to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A NOTE ABOUT CHILDREN
Our website is not directed at children. We do not intentionally gather personal information from visitors who are under the age of 13. If a child under 13 submits personal information to Carbon Chemistry and we learn that the personal information is the information of a child under 13, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any personal information from a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
ATTENTION CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
California law permits California residents to make certain requests of us regarding the personal information we have about them. Specifically, California law provides residents with the right to request that we disclose what personal information we collect, use, disclose, and sell about them. (As noted above, we do not sell personal information to third-parties.) If you are a California resident, please visit Your California Privacy Rights to learn more information about your rights under California law and how to exercise them.
USERS OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES
If you are a visitor from a jurisdiction that has adopted the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) or equivalent, such as the European Economic Area (“EEA”), our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above depends on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
Carbon Chemistry normally collects personal information from you only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by the impact on you (unless our processing is otherwise required or permitted by law). In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person. If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your Personal Information, please contact us using the contact details provided below.
We may transfer your personal information to a country outside the EEA in accordance with requirements prescribed under EU Data Protection Legislation.
We ask that you not provide us with any Special Category Personal Data (as defined in the GDPR), e.g., information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, or trade union membership, or any criminal background information. If you do not consent to our processing and use of such sensitive information, you must not submit such sensitive information through the Site.
If you reside in the EEA, you have rights regarding your personal information and may, in certain circumstances, ask us to take the following actions in relation to such data:
• provide you with information about our processing of your personal information and give you access to such data.
• update or correct inaccuracies in your personal information.
• delete your personal information.
• transfer a machine-readable copy of your personal information to you or a third party of your choice.
• restrict the processing of your personal information.
• object to our reliance on our legitimate interests as the basis of our processing of your personal information that impacts your rights.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
This Site may contain links to other web sites. Carbon Chemistry is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those other web sites. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of every website you visit. The links to third party websites or locations are for your convenience and do not signify our endorsement of such third parties or their products, content or websites.